Re: guix pack on Linux kernel

From: Andy Tai
Subject: Re: guix pack on Linux kernel
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2021 16:16:51 -0700

sorry for the series of questions, but a follow on question:

If I create and distribute such a guix pack bundle, is there an easy
way to create a tar.gz file containing the sources to fit GPL
requirements?  I assume now there is no guix command to create a
"source pack" for a guix pack.   Even if there is, can a tar.gz of the
directories of the sources be enough to re-create the binary pack?
Or basically the user shall have the full guix git repo built locally,
plus the sources of the programs bundled, before he or she can
re-create the guix pack.

Question is essentially how to meet GPL requirements (user given the
sources to be able to recreate the binaries distributed from these
sources) for a guix pack.  Thanks

--
Andy Tai, atai@atai.org, Skype: licheng.tai, Line: andy_tai, WeChat: andytai1010
Year 2021 民國110年