Re: Multiple sources

From: Julien Lepiller
Subject: Re: Multiple sources
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2021 19:07:56 +0200

Le Thu, 22 Jul 2021 16:49:14 +0000,
phodina via <help-guix@gnu.org> a écrit :

> Dear all,
> is there a way to specify multiple sources for building a package? Or
> do I have to create for each source a package (use copy-build-system)
> and then use it as a input for the final package with custom phases?
>
> Let me give you an example. I have a git repo with source code to
> build and then another with some scripts to run and modify the first
> one. Also the second repo is not applicable as set of patches and it
> can't be merged into the first one.
>
> Kind regards
> Petr

Maybe you can use the first repo as the source, and use the second as
an input, then have a phase to copy the files in place?

You can do something like this in the inputs:

(inputs
 `(("second-repo" ,(origin
                     (method url-fetch)
                     (uri ...)
                     ...))))

and in a phase you could do something like

(with-directory-excursion "some-place"
  (invoke "tar" "xf" (assoc-ref inputs "second-repo")))

(or copy if it's not a tar)

HTH!