LTSP related Re: nheko and quaternion: completely black chat area

From: Giovanni Biscuolo
Subject: LTSP related Re: nheko and quaternion: completely black chat area
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2021 09:54:40 +0200

Giovanni Biscuolo <g@xelera.eu> writes:

[...]

> The apps are running fine, including authentication and send messages
> /but/ the chat area [1] is completely black and I cannot read anything
> in it.
>
> The strange thing is that on my laptop, configured (almost) the same and
> also with Guix on top of Debian 10 both applications are running fine, I
> mean the message chat box is readeable.

One more info to add: my desktop is a LTSP server (in a LXC container)
and I connect to it with a thin client, it's working well since many
years.

There's another strange thing: if I connect from my laptop to my desktop
with ssh (and X11 forwarding) I can run both nheko and quaternion
without problems, I mean: the chat area is NOT black.

So it seems to be related to my LTSP session AND to Something™ my
(Guix?) environment... but can't figure out what.

...still investigating...

[...]

Happy hacking! Gio'

--