Encountering Issues during GUIX installation on Virtual Machine

From: Amir Yazid
Subject: Encountering Issues during GUIX installation on Virtual Machine
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2021 15:03:01 +0800

Hi there.
I am currently trying to install the GUIX Operating System on a virtual
machine. I tried two ways :

1. By using the procedures suggested by GUIX.org. Which in the end through
qemu VM.
2. By using the Oracle VM Virtual Box software.

However, in both cases, I encountered issues which prevented me from
installing the GUIX OS system.

In 1. My Ubuntu linux does not detect the usb stick that I intend to use to
copy the guix iso file. I tried running lsblk,and other commands but to no
avail. I even tried sudo lsusb, but it seems that the ubuntu skipped the
execution.

In 2,  the installation process seems fine until the rebooting process. In
one of the videos on youtube, post rebooting, the os is able to run.
However in my case, upon rebooting, the process reiterates to the same
installation process.

I've been repeating both processes for several times, but the outcomes are
still the same.
May I seek advice regarding these issues ?  (I am using the latest stable
release and ver 1.2.0 after the latest release installation fails. But both
are not successfully installed.)

Thank you in advance