Reconfiguring syslogd flags

From: Eric Brown
Subject: Reconfiguring syslogd flags
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2021 14:22:12 -0500

Hello,

I am trying to set up a centralized syslogd server that listens on 514
(--inet flag):

 (syslog-service config =>
                 (syslog-configuration
                  (inherit config)
                  (syslogd (string-append (assoc-ref inputs "inetutils")
"/libexec/syslogd --inet"))))

and clients which should send a copy of all messages to that host:

 (syslog-service config =>
                 (syslog-configuration
                  (inherit config)
                  (config-file
                   (append '("*.* @10.0.0.2:514")
                           %default-syslog.conf))))

However, ps aux | grep syslogd always shows the default values, as if
the above did not take.

(I can send/receive logs if I forcibly kill syslogd and run daemons on
command line with appropriate flag/files.)

Would anyone be able to tell me the right way to do this?

Thanks,
Eric