Re: mount.davfs: program is not setuid root

From: Simon Streit
Subject: Re: mount.davfs: program is not setuid root
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 19:42:40 +0200

Efraim Flashner <efraim@flashner.co.il> writes:

> On Mon, Apr 19, 2021 at 08:47:08PM -0400, Leo Famulari wrote:
> I've attached a diff against guix and also a davfs.scm for building just
> the modified davfs2. Can you try building it with `guix build -f
> davfs.scm` and then use the mount.davfs from there to try mounting your
> davfs mountpoint?

Thanks for posting the diff.  I did manage to build the package locally,
but that in itself isn't of much use.  I'm afraid I have to ask now, how
to I apply this package into my declaration so that it is available from
my system to test?

Unfortunately my packaging skills aren't that far yet where I can plug
modified system packages.  Is there maybe a part of documentation you
could show me?  I've been looking around, but haven't found this
scenario yet.

Cheers
Simon