Re: Process of adding a package

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Process of adding a package
Date: Mon, 10 May 2021 12:08:08 +0200

Hi,

What is the usual process, after one has sent in a patch adding a new package to
GNU Guix?

Someone would review it, apply the patch, and then push.

The background of the question is, that approximately 2 months ago, I sent in a
patch adding `guile-fslib`

2 months is too long. If you don’t hear from us after a week your patch likely fell through the cracks and nobody realized it. You can ping us.

I wasn’t aware of your patch, but I found it here:

   https://issues.guix.gnu.org/47697

The commit message isn’t according to our standards, but that’s easy to fix. The patch itself looks fine, so I’m going to apply it in a moment. Sorry about taking so long!

--
Ricardo