How to run a Docker image as a Guix System service?

From: Mekeor Melire
Subject: How to run a Docker image as a Guix System service?
Date: Mon, 03 May 2021 18:39:51 +0000

Hello Guix!

Is it possible to run a Docker image as a Guix System service?

For example, consider Gitlab. Unfortunately, there is no package
declaration of Gitlab for Guix yet. But let's assume you are impatient
and you want to run Gitlab on Guix System as soon as possible. Is it
possible for you to use Gitlab's Docker image as a Guix System service?

I guess, in the system declaration, I would imagine it to look similar
to this, ideally:

    (operating-system
        ;; …
        (services
            ;; …
            (docker-image-service "gitlab/gitlab-ce")))

Mekeor