Re: Anyone running Guix on the pinephone?

From: Joshua Branson
Subject: Re: Anyone running Guix on the pinephone?
Date: Sun, 02 May 2021 12:36:37 -0400

Christopher Lemmer Webber <cwebber@dustycloud.org> writes:

> I see the cookbook now mentions the possibility of running Guix on a
> pinephone... is anyone actually doing it?  Mind posting your experiences
> and setup?
>
> (Doesn't have to be as a phone necessarily... I'm more interested in
> using it as a lightweight portable computer.  But a phone would be nice
> too.)

Is a pine phone good enough for a portable and personal computer?
Doesn't it only have 2GB?  I was starting to run into RAM issues with
4GB when I was using Gnome.  Now I have 8GB and I am running sway.  No
RAM issues anymore.

Just out of curiosity, how would you deal with RAM issues/slow CPU
issues on a pinephone?  Using a lightweight window manager and only run
Emacs?  :)

--
Joshua Branson (joshuaBPMan in #guix)
Sent from Emacs and Gnus