Re: Building Python pkg - date2name

From: Carlo Zancanaro
Subject: Re: Building Python pkg - date2name
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 16:42:23 +1000

Hi Petr,

I had a look at the date2name repository in Github, and it doesn't look like it has any instructions for packaging it at all. I'm not sure how they build things to distribute over pypi.

At any rate, it looks like it's mostly a matter of marking __init__.py as executable, and renaming it to bin/date2name, so I've attached a package definition that does that. I have confirmed that I am able to build and run it, but I can't confirm its behaviour as I don't use the tool.

I hope that helps!

Carlo