Re: Pinebook pro build

From: Vagrant Cascadian
Subject: Re: Pinebook pro build
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2021 18:10:01 -0700

On 2021-04-19, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:
> On 2021-04-18, Grant Wilson II wrote:
>> If I interpret the source correctly, "firmware" is being provided to the
>> package as a native input.
>> When I attempt the build without cross compiling then it does succeed...
>> `guix build -e "(@ (gnu packages bootloaders) u-boot-pinebook-pro-rk3399)"`
> Works:
>
>   guix build arm-trusted-firmware-rk3399
>   guix build u-boot-pinebook-pro-rk3399
>   guix build --target=aarch64-linux arm-trusted-firmware-rk3399
>
> Fails:
>
>   guix build --target=aarch64-linux u-boot-pinebook-pro-rk3399
> So... I'm not very familiar with how --target=ARCH cross-building works
> in guix, but that somehow appears to trigger the issue...

I should also mention that arm-trusted-firmware and u-boot packages have
support for cross-building when not using --target=ARCH. e.g. Building
these packages on x86_64 builds working binaries for the aarch64 boot
firmware.

Maybe somehow the internal cross-building support is interfering with
how the --target=ARCH style cross-building works?

live well,
  vagrant