Re: mount.davfs: program is not setuid root

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: mount.davfs: program is not setuid root
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2021 12:34:53 -0400

On Fri, Apr 16, 2021 at 03:31:35PM +0200, Simon Streit wrote:
> But after rebooting, and trying to mount a webdav share as user, I only
> get:

> /run/current-system/profile/sbin/mount.davfs: program is not setuid root
>
> mount.davfs is listed in /run/setuid-programms though.

On Guix System, /run/setuid-programs [0] always comes before
/run/current-system on PATH.

But in your case, the non-setuid location is being invoked.

Did you invoke `mount.davfs`, so it would be looked up on PATH?

Or did you invoke `/run/current-system/profile/sbin/mount.davfs`?

[0] https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Setuid-Programs.html