Re: Why no guile-dbd-mysql in Guix?

From: Julien Lepiller
Subject: Re: Why no guile-dbd-mysql in Guix?
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2021 07:12:43 -0400

Le 16 avril 2021 02:20:08 GMT-04:00, mbcladwell@stihie.net a écrit :

>Hi,
>Why no guile-dbd-mysql in Guix? Are there plans to support
>mysql/mariadb in the future?
>Thanks
>Mortimer

Hi,

We're all volunteers with a limited time to contribute. Most of the time, a
missing package is simply due to lack of time. As long as the package is free
software, it can be part of Guix. If you provide a patch, we will gladly add
the package to the collection :). Otherwise, it'll eventually be added, but it
can take time for someone to take care of it.