Guix System definition with a .emacs.d filled

From: Jérémy Korwin-Zmijowski
Subject: Guix System definition with a .emacs.d filled
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2021 00:30:18 +0200

Dear Guixters,

Maybe I am asking too much to Guix haha. Maybe I don't.

So. Here is what I intend to do :

I want to write a Guix System definition that puts a .emacs.d directory
inside /root which is "usable". I don't feel the need to create a
regular user (I don't fear too much damages inside a disposable VM
context).

So I tried two options :

First, using an extra-special-file

   (extra-special-file "/root/.emacs.d"
                       (local-file "emacs.d" #:recursive? #t))

But the resulting .emacs.d is put into the store and is not writable.

Second, using skeletons

   (skeletons `((".emacs.d" ,(local-file "emacs.d" #:recursive? #t))))

But it seems it populate only regular users home directory. /root is
left empty.

Perhaps the issue is the local-file.
Perhaps I could change the resulting extra-special-file permissions if
it does not mess up the store.
Or perhaps I could create a regular user.

What would be "the way" ? haha

Cheers,
Jérémy