Re: Haskell program build and run using Cabal

From: Bone Baboon
Subject: Re: Haskell program build and run using Cabal
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2021 13:31:03 -0400

Gary Johnson writes:
> Guix System (unsurprisingly) has a built-in preference for building
> packages with Guix. For building Haskell programs, check out the
> `haskell-build-system`, which uses cabal and ghc under the hood.
>
> Also, if the package you want to install exists on Hackage
> (https://hackage.haskell.org) but doesn't have a corresponding Guix
> package, you should check out the Guix hackage importer:
>
> $ guix import hackage -r PACKAGE-NAME@VERSION
>
> This can auto-generate a Guix package definition for the corresponding
> Hackage package that you can then use to install it through Guix.
>
> Finally, to answer your question about environment variables, you should
> stick them in your home directory under your shell configuration script
> (e.g., ~/.bashrc, ~/.bash_profile).

Thank you for your helpful reply.

These are the two lines I added to my `.bashrc` that resolve the error
I was getting:

```
unset GHC_PACKAGE_PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/run/current-system/profile/lib/
```
Note: The LD_LIBRARY_PATH variables was empty. If it was not I would
have appended to the existing LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable.