Re: How to create a service for contents of arbitrary file

From: Bone Baboon
Subject: Re: How to create a service for contents of arbitrary file
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2021 19:26:10 -0400

Gary Johnson writes:
> In addition to Julien's suggestion, I'll also point out that you can
> tell Emacs to not use a blinking cursor by including this line in your
> ~/.emacs.d/init.el file:
>
> (blink-cursor-mode 0)

Thank you for pointing out `blink-cursor-mode` I am aware of it and
tested it.  When Emacs is started with `emacsclient --tty` from a
virtual terminal or a terminal emulator `blink-cursor-mode` does not
seem to do anything.  When I use a graphical Emacs `blink-cursor-mode`
does control the cursor blinking.