Re: About packaging (was: About packaging documentation)

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: About packaging (was: About packaging documentation)
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2021 16:35:46 +0200

Hi Zelphir,

> ice-9/boot-9.scm:3300:6: In procedure resolve-interface:
> no code for module (gcrypt hash)

You’ll need guile-gcrypt.

> How exactly and when exactly did you run make and what other commands did you
> run to get it working when put into guile-xyz.scm? Can you write your complete
> list of commands to run after adding the package definition?

I’m on Guix System and I have a recent Guix so “guix environment guix”
is all I need to enter an environment sufficient to build Guix.  I then
do the usual GNU build system dance:

  ./bootstrap
  ./configure --localstatedir=/var
  make

I re-run “make” whenever I modify the sources.

--
Ricardo