'guix deploy' installs old version of Guix on Digital Ocean

From: Tim Lee
Subject: 'guix deploy' installs old version of Guix on Digital Ocean
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2021 02:59:36 +0800

I am following this article to manage my Digital Ocean servers using
'guix deploy':
https://guix.gnu.org/blog/2019/managing-servers-with-gnu-guix-a-tutorial/

However, I notice that the Digital Ocean deployment actually installs
Guix version 1.0.1 (May 2019) instead of the latest version — 1.2.0
(November 2020).

I looked into the source code and found that gnu/machine/digital-ocean.scm
is outdated:
https://github.com/guix-mirror/guix/blob/v1.2.0/gnu/machine/digital-ocean.scm#L198

Is it safe to deploy an old version of Guix, considering the massive
improvements that have taken place over 18 months between May 2019 and
November 2020?