Re: Start Xorg server using xinit manually

From: Bone Baboon
Subject: Re: Start Xorg server using xinit manually
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2021 18:18:14 -0400

Vladimir Sedach writes:

> Do you get graphics with a login manager service?

I do not get graphics with GDM.  There is just a blinking cursor on
tty7.

> Looking at my configuration now, I think the problem might be dbus.
> Do you have dbus-service enabled? I suspect there might be an
> implicit dependence between X and udev (which is probably what is
> responsible for creating /dev/dri/card0) on dbus, that might not be
> producing any log messages.
>
> The minimal X configuration I have is:
> (dbus-service) (service slim-service-type)

If I use `%base-services` and add `dbus-service` this error goes away:
(EE) dbus-core: error connecting to system bus:
org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.FileNotFound (Failed to connect to socket
/var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory)

However the other error messages remain.