Re: Bug? coqide missing? (in package coq, version 8.11.2)

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Bug? coqide missing? (in package coq, version 8.11.2)
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2021 17:39:20 +0100

Hi Julien,

On Sat, 20 Mar 2021 at 06:48, Julien Lepiller <julien@lepiller.eu> wrote:

> This is not a bug: coqide brings a lot of dependencies, so it's in a

What do you mean?

$ guix package -i coq -n
The following package would be installed:
   coq 8.11.2

125.8 MB would be downloaded

$ guix package -i coq:ide -n
The following package would be installed:
   coq:ide 8.11.2

125.8 MB would be downloaded

$ guix package -i coq coq:ide -n
The following packages would be installed:
   coq     8.11.2
   coq:ide 8.11.2

125.8 MB would be downloaded

> separate output, as you can see with guix search or guix show. To
> install it, install the ide output, like so:
>
> guix install coq:ide

I am always confused by these multi-outputs packages, as git:send-email
or coq:ide or th recent “ocaml-z3“.  They often increase the number of
build-time dependencies and they are less discoverable, IMHO.

They make sense for -doc or -debug but otherwise they appear to me
confusing.

Cheers,
simon