Re: Packages don't get installed in the correct path

From: Garjola Dindi
Subject: Re: Packages don't get installed in the correct path
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2021 08:31:24 +0100

On Wed 17-Mar-2021 at 07:51:18 +01, Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <me@tobias.gr>
wrote:
> Hi Garjola!
>
> Garjola Dindi 写道:
>> I have added the following to my ~/.basrhc as indicated in the manual:
>>
>> ,----[ bash ]
>> | export PATH="/home/garjola/.config/guix/current/bin${PATH:+:}$PATH"
>
> Which mad-Max manual indicates this?  Not [my copy of] Guix's:

[...]

Mine (installed in
/gnu/store/mi10gphgjw1d....5b-guix-82a9538ea/share/info/guix.info.gz)
says in section 5.5 Invoking ‘guix gc’:

,----
|    The result of running ‘guix pull’ is a “profile” available under
| ‘~/.config/guix/current’ containing the latest Guix.  Thus, make sure to
| add it to the beginning of your search path so that you use the latest
| version, and similarly for the Info manual (*note Documentation::):
|
|      export PATH="$HOME/.config/guix/current/bin:$PATH"
`----

[...]

>> The most annoying thing is that the programs are not in the path
>
> I don't want to presume what you mean: that they're not where you
> thought they would be (not in ~/.config/guix), or that you can't
> actually run them (not in PATH)?

They are not in PATH.

It seems that there are a lot of things that I have not understood about
how the whole thing works.

I will study the manual again. Is there a way to complete remove my
current installation so that I start with a clean slate?

Thank for your time.

Garjola