Flatpak GTK+ application: no portal file chooser

From: martin
Subject: Flatpak GTK+ application: no portal file chooser
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2021 13:41:20 +0100

Hi there,

I want to use `cherrytree` (a GTK+ note taking application) also on my Guix
system and found the flatpak release. The installation of flatpak and this app
from flathub worked fine so far but the app fails to open the file chooser
dialog if I want to open/import any file.

Here is the error message:

        (cherrytree:2): Gtk-WARNING **: 08:55:54.552: Can't open portal file
chooser: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod: Keine derartige
Schnittstelle ?org.freedesktop.portal.FileChooser? des Objekts im Pfad
/org/freedesktop/portal/desktop

I installed both `xdg-desktop-portal` and `xdg-desktop-portal-gtk`, all app
specific dependencies (eg. GNOME Application Platform) were installed by
flatpak, at least that is what I thought.

I do not have the the GNOME desktop service installed but use bspwm as window
manager, if this is relevant.

Do you have an idea how to fix this?

Thanks in advance,
Martin