guix publish as service on foreign distro

From: Phil
Subject: guix publish as service on foreign distro
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2021 13:25:57 +0000

Hi,

I'm trying to setup guix publish as a service on a foreign distro on
Ubuntu 18.04 as per:
https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Invoking-guix-publish.html#Invoking-guix-publish

# ln -s ~root/.guix-profile/lib/systemd/system/guix-publish.service \
        /etc/systemd/system/
# systemctl start guix-publish && systemctl enable guix-publish

There is no .guix-profile directory created by default in root and there
doesn't seem to be anything in the manual or cookbook in case I need to install
package there to provide the service, unless I'm missing something?

Do I just create the directory structure myself and implement
guix-publish.service first?  Is there an example implementation?

Any other pointers?

Cheers,
Phil