Re: Yet another locale question on a foreign distro

From: Fredrik Salomonsson
Subject: Re: Yet another locale question on a foreign distro
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2021 15:27:31 -0800

Hi Julien,

Julien Lepiller <julien@lepiller.eu> writes:

> Does gpg-agent change the locale of the system somehow? What's the locale it
> launches the pinentry with?

Kind of, it request the pinentry program to at least set LC_CTYPE and
LC_MESSAGES to the requested locale. Currently my pinentry-rofi ignore
these requests. I implemented them in case that was the issue, but still
the same issue. It was requesting to set en_US.UTF-8, e.g. my default
locale.

> Does it exist in $GUIX_LOCPATH?

It does, however you gave me a point in the right direction. The issue
was that the systemd gpg-agent.service unit that launches gpg-agent,
does not set $GUIX_LOCPATH. Which was why rofi failed to set the locale.

To fix it all I needed to do was to append that to the service file.

I.e run.
  systemctl --user edit gpg-agent.service

and add:
  [Service]
  Environment=GUIX_LOCPATH=%h/.guix-profile/lib/locale

Thanks for the help!

--
s/Fred[re]+i[ck]+/Fredrik/g