Re: Need guidance on how to proceed

From: Jay Sulzberger
Subject: Re: Need guidance on how to proceed
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2021 21:28:13 +0000 ()

On Sun, 31 Jan 2021, K I <KozoDev@runbox.com> wrote:

Greetings!

I am attempting to unpack and use a program in .tar.gz format for programming
lisp.
When I unpack and try to use .tar.gz, it says the file doesn't exist.

What should be my path forward to try and get this to run on Guix?

Thank you,
Kozo

If you can see the tar.gz file, using, say, ls, then perhaps the error
message is badly phrased.  The missing file is not the tar.gz file,
but rather another file, a "system" file, which is needed to perform
the operation.

I suggest: If you can, create a tar.gz file, from any file you have,
then attempt the same operation on the newly created tar.gz file.

oo--JS.