Re: IPFS p2p integration

From: Joshua Branson
Subject: Re: IPFS p2p integration
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2021 11:16:41 -0500

Matias Jose Seco Baccanelli <matias_jose_seco@autoproduzioni.net>
writes:

> Good day Guix folks!
> I'm very excited about the initiative on IPFS integration, introducing
> the opportunity for Guix to become the first p2p-enabled Distribution!
>
> I was wondering if actually there was the opportunity to test this
> feature, and if actual authors would need a volunteer for
> experimenting the implementation :)

Hey Matias!  There are a couple of IPFS git branches that are available:

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/log/?h=wip-ipfs-substitutes

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/log/?h=wip-ipfs

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/log/?h=wip-ipfs2

I suspect that you can compile the WIP (work in progress)
ipfs-substitutes branch and test out the feature.  Please post back and
report how it went, because I'd like to know!

--
Joshua Branson (joshuaBPMan in #guix)
Sent from Emacs and Gnus