Re: Gnome and custom profile

From: Jérémy Korwin-Zmijowski
Subject: Re: Gnome and custom profile
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2021 14:50:23 +0100

Le lundi 18 janvier 2021 à 12:32 +0100, Pierre Neidhardt a écrit :
>       Erreur lors de la vérification de la signature : Le lancement
> de GPG a échoué.
> Hi Jérémy!
>

> > $ cat .profile
> > GUIX_EXTRA_PROFILES=$HOME/.guix-extra-profiles
> > export GUIX_EXTRA_PROFILES
> > GUIX_PROFILE="${GUIX_EXTRA_PROFILES}/jeko"
>
> Are you sure it's ${GUIX_EXTRA_PROFILES}/jeko and not
> ${GUIX_EXTRA_PROFILES}/jeko/jeko?
>
> > . "$GUIX_PROFILE/etc/profile"
> > XDG_DATA_DIRS="${XDG_DATA_DIRS}:${GUIX_EXTRA_PROFILES}
> > /jeko/share"
>
> Can you try the above GUIX_PROFILE setting and sourcing in a shell
> and
> see if `env' shows any change?
>
> Cheers!

Hello Pierre !

I am sure it's ${GUIX_EXTRA_PROFILES}/jeko

$ ls $HOME/.guix-extra-profiles/jeko
bin/  etc/  include/  lib/  libexec/  manifest  sbin  share/  var

I can source my .profile from command line, giving me access to
GUIX_EXTRA_PROFILES for example. But Gnome won't update XDG_DATA_DIRS
that way. I don't understand why it does not source it at login.

Jérémy