Re: packaging a golang package

From: Helio Machado
Subject: Re: packaging a golang package
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2021 14:31:39 +0100

Hi!

Looks like it ran into the replace syntax and didn't parse it correctly?
> https://golang.org/ref/mod#go-mod-file

So it seems. I'll debug it as soon as I can; the import process is
unbearably long.

I sort of wonder if the `git-fetch` portion of go packages should be
> something like `git-fetch-and-restore-go-modules` Maybe something like
> `go mod vendor` could be used an the hash would be calculated on that?
> I'm not familiar enough with the internals of go modules, but I'm not
> really seeing the value in generating a bunch of package metadata on all
> the module dependencies.

Guix seems to have a strong opinion about dependency vendoring, but it's
technically viable as long as you don't produce architecture-specific
artifacts when packaging. See https://issues.guix.info/43872 for more
information about the pitfalls I encountered while packaging go-ethereum
the fast way.