Re: How to remove guix

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: How to remove guix
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2021 21:28:47 +0100

Mick,

Mick Sulley 写道:
1) How can I get it to look for the standard version rather than the
guix version

There isn't a more or less standard version, just bash caching the last used binary. Use ‘hash -r’ to clear bash's cache and make it look again.

My PATH is

(So $PATH isn't used at all once you've run unison in the same shell.)

2) How can I remove guix completely? I have searched on-line and
cannot see anything on this.

Off the top of my head: remove

 ~/.config/guix
 ~/.cache/guix
 ~/.guix-profile
 /gnu
 /var/guix
 /var/log/guix

Also take a look at the installer script[0] to see what it creates and what you can remove.

Good luck,

T G-R

[0]: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/etc/guix-install.sh