Re: guix time-machine, broken hash in an old package definition, a worka

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: guix time-machine, broken hash in an old package definition, a workaround?
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2021 10:48:35 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, 14 Jan 2021 at 09:30, Wiktor Żelazny <wz@freeshell.de> wrote:

> I will retry now my attempts to fix the r-foreign problem with
> --no-substitutes added.

I guess it will not change your problem at hand: the missing tarball.

If I understand correctly, your initial message describes 2 issues:

 - hash mismatch
 - substitutes error

About the hash mismatch, game over with time-machine.  Well, you have to
do the “time-machine” by hand where the simplest IMHO is what I proposed.

The substitutes error seems transient.  Rebuild locally all you need vs
wait the fix: I do not know what would be the fastest. :-)

All the best,
simon