Re: Bug? Haskell GHC wont' work since ghc@8.6?

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Bug? Haskell GHC wont' work since ghc@8.6?
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 15:54:11 +0100

Hi John,

On Sun, 10 Jan 2021 at 22:18, John Soo <jsoo1@asu.edu> wrote:

> This question comes up on the mailing list every so often, but I don’t
> think it is a bug. I want to be able to choose the c toolchain ghc
> uses myself. I would rather introduce some Haskell specific
> documentation.

Choosing the C toolchain and propagating one are not really related.  I
mean, one C toolchain could be propagated by default, so then GHC works
out-of-the-box.  And the build transformation ’--with-c-toolchain’
should provide the flexibility to use any other C toolchain variant you
want.  Is it not working as expected?

All the best,
simon