Re: How to configure a printer on Guix System

From: Christophe Pisteur
Subject: Re: How to configure a printer on Guix System
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 2021 19:13:07 +0100

After several random tests, I found what prevents printing and displays
the error message "filter failed" in the web interface of cups:

The ppd file I used uses the postscript language, but if I use the ppd
file in PDF language, printing works:

Ricoh-MP_C3003-PDF-Ricoh.ppd: "ok"
Ricoh-MP_C3003-Postscript-Ricoh.ppd: "filter failed"

Since openprinting offers both ppd files, that's okay, but I would find
it useful to know if there is anything to specify in the guix
configuration file for postscript ppd to work.