noweb/LaTeX integration - .sty files not found

From: Martin Michel
Subject: noweb/LaTeX integration - .sty files not found
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2021 15:53:35 +0100

Hi there,

I am struggling with my LaTeX/noweb setup.  I installed both texlive
and noweb as guix packages.  Compiled .tex files from noweave use the
noweb.sty style file for creation of DVI/PDF documents.  The file
noweb.sty is located at

        ll ~/.guix-profile/share/texmf/tex/latex/
        total 52
        -r--r--r-- 2 root root 40462  1. Jan 1970  noweb.sty
        -r--r--r-- 2 root root  8579  1. Jan 1970  nwmac.tex

But if I run `xelatex mydoc.tex`, it complains about the missing .sty
file.  Running texhash is not possible (sudo does not help):

        texhash ~/.guix-profile/share/texmf/tex/latex/
        mktexlsr: /home/michel/.guix-profile/share/texmf/tex/latex/: directory
        not writable. Skipping...
        mktexlsr: Done.

How can I add other directories for style files and especially activate
the "standard" path above?

Any suggestions are welcome, many thanks in advance!

—Martin