guix pull: the SSL certificate is invalid

From: Matthew Brooks
Subject: guix pull: the SSL certificate is invalid
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2021 13:57:50 -0600

Not sure what happened, but within the past week or so I can't pull guix
anymore.
Trying gives the following output:
>Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at
>'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
>guix pull: error: Git error: the SSL certificate is invalid

The only things I can think of off the top of my head that might be causing it
are:

My system configuration is barebones and doesn't pull in the standard certs
package (eventually I'll manually add specific certs, but I haven't done that
yet), but that's never been a problem before when updating guix, so I don't
expect that it's only just now stopped working.

I also had to change my system time recently due to a windows install changing
my HW clock to local time instead of UTC, but it's back to UTC and "date" and
such all report the correct time and date, so I don't really think that's the
problem either.

I have no idea where to go from here, so any help is appreciated.