rust: where is cargo?

From: Todor Kondić
Subject: rust: where is cargo?
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2020 14:34:44 +0000

Hello,

I have been playing with rust and the first thing I noticed with the guix
installation is that there is no cargo. More accurately, there is indeed an
output of the rust package called "cargo" and there are entries for cargo with
bin paths in the store, but nothing that ends up in the PATH variable
(etc/profile).

So, what's the deal here? I know that guix approach is to replace package
managers, but cargo is more than that and, at least, a tool needed to follow
the rust book while learning.