Re: Guix System on Libreboot Laptops

From: Joshua Branson
Subject: Re: Guix System on Libreboot Laptops
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2020 16:59:56 -0500

YES!  I do have experience with this!  I have a T400.

After you install libreboot (with a grub payload), turn on your T400.
When you get to the libreboot grub payload, then insert your usb stick
with guix on it.  There are several options to choose to boot.  I think
that you have to choose the "external media" boot option...something
like that.

Then it should boot into the guix installer.

For whatever reason, I could only get guix to work on libreboot with 1 /
ext4 partition.  Any other option install guix, but I could not boot
into guix after it was installed.

Thanks,

Joshua

--
Joshua Branson
Sent from Emacs and Gnus

enough other people get what they want." - Zig Ziglar