Guix System on Libreboot Laptops

From: julia . galaman
Subject: Guix System on Libreboot Laptops
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2020 16:53:22 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

Does anybody here have experience with Guix System on librebooted ThinkPads?

I have a T400 with Libreboot and I want to install the system on it, but the
installer does not load up properly, leading to a kernel panic. (Or sometimes
there's just the error message and then it freezes.) Here's the message:

"error: USB Mass Storage stalled.
error: you need to load the kernel first.

Failed to boot both default and fallback entries.

Press any key to continue..."

I recently got an X200T that's not librebooted (it's going to be sooner or
later) and the installer works on it just fine, so it's unlikely to be about
the pendrive or the image. I also tried Trisquel on the T400 and it worked, so
it cannot be about nonfree firmware. I honestly have no idea what it is. Maybe
there's something obvious I'm missing.

Oh, and I'm using the installer from the "stable" section, if that makes any
difference.

Anyway,
Looking forward to any help I can get,
Thanks in advance!