Re: Behaviour change when closing laptop lid: it no longer suspends

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: Re: Behaviour change when closing laptop lid: it no longer suspends
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2020 16:25:54 +0100

Hi Tobias!

Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <me@tobias.gr> writes:

> Interesting that it ever did: according to the manual (and AFAIK)
> the default ‘handle-lid-switch-external-power’ action is ‘ignore’.
> Do you change it to ‘suspend’ in your system configuration?

I was not aware of these settings, thanks for pointing them out!

So my guess is that previously "external-power" was not recognized and
elogind thought it was always on battery.

I'll try setting handle-lid-switch-external-power to `suspend'.

> Were/are you using some fancy desktop environment or power
> management scripts that might override the default?

I'm on EXWM and I use "xss-lock slock", not much beyond that.

--
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/