Re: Behaviour change when closing laptop lid: it no longer suspends

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: Behaviour change when closing laptop lid: it no longer suspends
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2020 15:02:25 +0100

Pierre,

Pierre Neidhardt 写道:
Since I've reconfigured my system some weeks ago, I've noticed a change with my laptop: when the power cable is in, closing the lid no longer
suspends the machine.

Interesting that it ever did: according to the manual (and AFAIK) the default ‘handle-lid-switch-external-power’ action is ‘ignore’. Do you change it to ‘suspend’ in your system configuration?

Were/are you using some fancy desktop environment or power management scripts that might override the default?

Kind regards,

T G-R