Re: Custom package, specifying cmake source directory?

From: Ekaitz Zarraga
Subject: Re: Custom package, specifying cmake source directory?
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 13:34:05 +0000

Hi again,

Let me re-answer because I think I screwed in a couple of points.

So, you are not trying to use other build directory but a different source
directory.

That's a little bit different. Instead of making a `chdir` you need to touch
the `srcdir` variable.

In that case, you can change the current directory in a previous phase, adding
a new phase before the `configure` step that just jumps to source code just
like `hypre` does.
Run `guix edit hypre` to see it:

``` scheme
         (add-before 'configure 'chdir-src
           (lambda _ (chdir "src")))
```

Probably this last option is the best, I'm not sure if it works. It should.

Sorry for the misunderstanding!

Good luck,

Ekaitz