Re: NAS hardware recommendations

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: Re: NAS hardware recommendations
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2020 15:41:22 +0100

Hi David!

> https://www.crowdsupply.com/gnubee/personal-cloud-1

And here is the link for the 3.5" version:

https://www.crowdsupply.com/gnubee/personal-cloud-2

Very cool stuff!  I'll see if I can order it.  Although the state of
MIPS support in Guix makes it a second choice I suppose.  I'll see.

> Otherwise, the very open Vikings D8, has 6 SATA 300mb/s slots, but
> perhaps not really what you are looking for and it's pretty expensive.
>
> https://store.vikings.net/libre-friendly-hardware/d8ryf

Indeed, it seems that this is a bit too much for a simple NAS, in
particular power consumption might be too high :p

Thanks for the recommendations!

Cheers!

--
Pierre Neidhardt