Re: Avoiding PYTHONPATH - latest?

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Avoiding PYTHONPATH - latest?
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2020 15:54:02 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, 01 Dec 2020 at 13:28, Phil <phil@beadling.co.uk> wrote:

> I could instead run my unit tests against my git clone, but then you're
> not testing what you will deliver, you're testing the source code that
> will be packaged, not the package itself.  The unit tests may fail if
> run on the package itself.
>
> The way around this in Guix, I imagine, is to rebuild a Guix package
> containing your own Python code each time you want to test it and then
> have the unit tests run as part of that package definition.

You might be interested by the Efraim’s talk «Just build it with Guix»
from the online Guix Day:

  <https://guix.gnu.org/en/blog/2020/online-guix-day-announce-2/>

Roughly speaking, Guix allows an undocumented file usually named
“guix.scm” or “.guix.scm“ where the point is to easily do the “build and
test what is delivered” part.

Thanks,
simon