Re: How do you write a package's deps to a file?

From: Bonface M. K.
Subject: Re: How do you write a package's deps to a file?
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2020 11:29:06 +0300

Hi!

Julien Lepiller <julien@lepiller.eu> writes:

> The reason you always get the same data is because
> you're assigning "name" inside the sexp
> (build-side), but you're using it inside tge
> unquote (host-side), so it refers to the name of
> the package you're building.

Ah yes! I see that now. Silly me ~.~

> I think you're doing it wrong, because some input
> names have no corresponding package (see source
> for instance). Why not use the package data
> directly, like guix graph does for instance?

I don't know how to do this. I've had a look at
guix/graph.scm and scripts/graph.scm... And I got
lost--- I'm not /yet/ a scheme guru... I reckon
I'll go with Efraim's suggestion which seems
easier to do :)

Thanks for the pointers!

[...]
--
Bonface M. K. <https://www.bonfacemunyoki.com>
Chief Emacs Bazu / Rieng ya software sare