Re: Can Guix support Zen 2/AMD Ryzen?

From: pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)
Subject: Re: Can Guix support Zen 2/AMD Ryzen?
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2020 13:30:53 +0100

On Tue, Nov 24, 2020 at 02:31:47AM +0000, jbranso@dismail.de wrote:
> I've also run into that booting issue.  I think there is a way to
> disable fancy graphics rendering during the installer, which is what
> I had to do, to get guix to run on my AMD APU a few years ago.
> Maybe someone here can point out how to do that, because I'm
> blanking on the specifics.

The installer uses uvesafb to provide unaccelerated graphics, see

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-guix/2020-04/msg00320.html

Alternatively, here is the installer configuration file, so uvesafb is
only used when needed:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/gnu/system/install.scm

Regards,
Florian