Can Guix support Zen 2/AMD Ryzen?

From: Jesse Gibbons
Subject: Can Guix support Zen 2/AMD Ryzen?
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2020 14:37:38 -0700

Hi guix,
I built a guix image for a hardware enthusiast friend to try on his computers, in part to see how well/completely his more modern hardware would run guix and if it would be worth commissioning him to build me a computer. It successfully booted, but the screens turned blank and didn't show gdm. My friend tried this twice, and the same thing happened. He tried ctrl+alt+f{1..6} and didn't see anything (though he has a weird keyboard that requires him to hold a modifier key to enter any function key). He suggested it might be because his computer has a Ryzen CPU with the Zen 2 Architecture, which he knows might need to work around. Since it booted fine, I think it might be more related to his Nvidia GPU. Is there anything I can do, without resorting to proprietary solutions, to make a guix image with a desktop at least displays with his hardware?
-Jesse