Re: Which dns server my system is using?

From: znavko
Subject: Re: Which dns server my system is using?
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2020 17:41:33 +0000

Yes, Tobias, I thought that 192.168.1.1 is just my modem
and as far as my modem is not a DNS server I still
keep digging.
Does this mean I use those DNS servers my Internet provider uses?

I often cannot access websites that Roskomnadzor had banned, even when I use
VPN.
The using of TOR let me access any website, but it works slower.

I also heard about DNSmasq that hides my dns requests from my provider.
But DNSmask runs quickly and easy only with NetworkManager that I cannot stand
for.
I use wpa-supplicant + dhcp-client without Networkmanager, and I did not find
instructions for configuring DNSmasq for such environment.

Can I use another DNS server? and may be I will be able to access those sites
RKN banned,
for example realmusic.ru

I think we Russian are so hardly punishing with such a work of RKN.