Port forwarding for Guix containers

From: Zhu Zihao
Subject: Port forwarding for Guix containers
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 23:58:13 +0800 (CST)

Hi, Guix users!

I found guix container "created by `guix environment --container` or `guix
system container`" is very useful to isolate some service. But it only supports
fully isolated network namespace or just share with host, it's not so safe IMO.

In Docker, there's port forwarding, allows you to share some ports of Guix
container with host. I just learn something about docker's network mechanism,
it looks quite complicated. It use veth pair, network bridge and even iptables.
Is there some idiomatic way to implement such port forwarding feature for Guix
containers?

Any answer or suggestions are appreicated.

--

Zihao