Re: Workflow with mu4e + magit for sending patchsets to guix?

From: Christopher Baines
Subject: Re: Workflow with mu4e + magit for sending patchsets to guix?
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2020 20:48:18 +0000

Christopher Lemmer Webber <cwebber@dustycloud.org> writes:

> I've been making patchset series of emails to guix-patches manually.
> I'm sure this is the wrong thing to do.  I use mu4e + magit and know
> others have a similar setup.

I think git send-email on the command line does the right thing.

For a single patch, I just git send-email --to=guix-patches@gnu.org
HEAD^

For a series of patches, it's more drawn out. First I run git
format-patch --cover-letter ... then copy the cover letter in to an
email, and then send to guix-patches@gnu.org. Then I wait for the
reply, and then git send-email --to=NUMBER@debbugs.gnu.org
--in-reply-to=MESSAGE ID FROM THE FIRST EMAIL.

I'm not sure if the --in-reply-to bit is useful.

I do use mu4e and magit myself, but I'm not sure I know a way of sending
patches more quickly or more easily than this.