Re: Touchpad not working on Acer Aspire One laptop

From: pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)
Subject: Re: Touchpad not working on Acer Aspire One laptop
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2020 10:44:39 +0100

On Wed, Nov 11, 2020 at 02:44:40AM -0500, Joshua Branson wrote:

> Hey Barnabas!  (awesome name by the way!)
>
> Is your touchpad working at all?  Can you move a mouse with your
> touchpad?  I had an issue on my old macbook, where my mouse would only
> move up and down.  When I started using sway, that issue went away.
>
> Thanks,

The Macbook touchpad bug was probably
<https://issues.guix.gnu.org/35574> which was resolved in the default
configuration by booting Linux with modprobe.blacklist=usbmouse.

Possibly it would help to add a set-xorg-configuration service to your
operating-system configuration file (/etc/config.scm or whatever you
have called it) and there select either not libinput or not synaptics:

(services (…
           (set-xorg-configuration
            (xorg-configuration
             (keyboard-layout keyboard-layout)
             (modules
              (list
               xf86-video-vesa
               xf86-video-fbdev
               xf86-video-amdgpu
               xf86-video-ati
               xf86-video-cirrus
               xf86-video-intel
               xf86-video-mach64
               xf86-video-nouveau
               xf86-video-nv
               xf86-video-sis
               xf86-input-libinput ;maybe remove this libinput line
               xf86-input-evdev
               xf86-input-keyboard
               xf86-input-mouse
               xf86-input-synaptics ;maybe remove this synaptics line
               ))))
           …

Then do a  guix system reconfigure.

Regards,