Re: Writing Indian Languages on GNU/Linux

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Writing Indian Languages on GNU/Linux
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2020 10:00:41 -0500

() Aniket Patil <aniket112.patil@gmail.com>
() Thu, 5 Nov 2020 20:23:24 +0530

   I don't have much experience in writing Devnagari or Indian
   languages on GNU/Linux. I used to work with Google Input
   tools, which has some phonetic writing. If I type "Aniket" It
   would be "अनिकेत in my language". So it was phonetic, is there
   anything like this on GNU/Linux? I have heard of iBUS but
   haven't used it yet. So that I won't have to learn a new
   keymap.

Emacs has three input methods that i uesd to succesfullly type:
"aniket" and see "अनिकेत्".  They were:

 devanagari-aiba
 devanagari-itrans
 devanagari-kyoto-harvard

I don't know the difference between them, but maybe if you ask
on help-gnu-emacs AT gnu DOT org, there will be more info.

--
 (defun responsep (query)               ; (2020) Software Libero